At Scallywaggs we are always looking for energetic people to join our team. Our instructors are outgoing, professional, willing to learn more about their chosen position and above all, enjoy being part of a team that can influence the lives of children in a positive manner.
Part time positions 15 – 20+ hours per week
Salary is negotiable, depending on experience, the gym is located in Wyoming, on the Central Coast of NSW and has over 800 participants attending classes each week making it the 2nd largest gymnastics club in the Hunter region.
Are you passionate about gymnastics?
Have competitive coaching experience in the field of women’s gymnastics?
Are you able to teach beyond the basics skills of gymnastics?
Want to make a massive difference to a child’s life? Are you keen to join a quality, family-run organisation on the Central Coast?
Then why not join Scallywaggs Gymnastics!!
Scallywaggs Gymnastics is looking for energetic and friendly gymnastics instructors to join their team at the advanced level
We provide programs ranging from Kindergym, Recreational Gymnastics, Trampoline and Competitive Gymnastics. We participate in General Gymnastics events at State, National and International levels as well as State and National Level Competitive Gymnastics. We are passionate about teaching quality gymnastic skills, and everyone is given the opportunity to achieve success at any level.
As the club continues to grow, and the children’s skills improve to more than just basic gymnastics, we are looking for:
1. Gymnastics instructors who have experience in competitive gymnastics with girls. This person would be interested in developing the competitive programs, overseeing instructors in these programs and preparing gymnasts for competitions. Working hours would be from 2:30pm Monday to Friday but may be extended for suitable applicant. This position also has the potential to move to full time in the future
We offer the opportunity to learn skills from basic motor activities through to advanced gymnastics in a safe environment. Our gym is all about family – as soon as the children (and parents!) walk through the front door, the bright colours, variety of equipment and energetic staff, will make them want to jump right in and get started!
See our website www.scallywaggsgymnastics.com for more information about who we are, and what we do.
We have a great opportunity available for someone who has experience in teaching gymnastics classes in a safe and progressive manner, and to ensure parents and children receive excellent care and attention.
Some of your duties will include:
- Conducting gymnastics classes with our competitive team.
- Set up and clearing of equipment as required
- Planning and preparation for classes
- To become an integral part of our team
- Ability to teach high level gymnastics skills
- Assist in creating the friendly environment that Scallywaggs is known for.
- Assist with keeping the facility clean and tidy
The salary on offer is dependant on your experience.
- The successful coach will have:
- Gymnastics Level 1 qualification or higher
- Previous competitive coaching experience in women’s gymnastics
- Ability to write programs to ensure gymnasts improve their skill level.
- Proven leadership abilities and able to work in a team environment.
- Previous exposure to dealing with children and parents
- Working with children check
- Proven ability to engage children positively
- Demonstrated ability to be patient and tolerant
- Demonstrated friendly, energetic personality
- Proven people skills with ability to form long term client relationships.
- You will be working under the supervision of the head coach and certain KPI’s are expected to be completed on time.
If this sounds like you – what are you waiting for? Don’t let this great opportunity to work in a fun, family-run organisation pass you by – apply now! We can’t wait to hear from you!